Sunday, December 5

Getting Buried in stuff.....

Been having trouble making everything fit. Between the work, workouts, posting my results to EN I just don’t seem to have enough time. Time to try something different. For the next few days I am going to take my EN workout posts and email them here to save on some online time and see how that goes. Actually this post is via email from this mornings 10 mile run results.

Snowing lightly and 30* this AM, nice day for a run..... In all the years I have been running in Orono, I never went to the HS track which is only 1.5 miles from my house. In the past if I wanted to do a track workout, I went over to the University, about 3 miles away. It was just a little too far to run to for intervals but it is a nice soft track and has lights most nights.


Well, today I decided to try the HS track. Not bad. It is a paved track but in good condition. Perfect distance to do a warmup run to and from. No need to drive.

Total run 1:22:23; 10.1 miles @ 8:10; rTSS 115.8 (0.88)

Target zone 4 pace: 7:20

2x0.5 @ Z4; 2x1.0 @ Z4
0.5 @ 6:53; HR 175; Cd 92 - didn't look at my garmin and over cooked it a bit
0.5 @ 7:17; HR 171; Cd 86 - much better
1.0 @ 7:11; HR 176; Cd 89
1.0 @ 7:16; HR 175; Cd 88

Warmup and extra volume miles were all at my normal self selected pace. Felt good to get some "normal" running in for a change. I think I need to do more of that to keep my sanity.......

After a smoothie and a shower, I went to Carpenters Choose & Cut Christmas Tree Farm over in Stillwater. My first time at their farm – nice place. Not too big and the trees are smaller than over at G&S in Orono. But, the quality of tree and the pruning are excellent.



Like normal, I spent the better part of 90 minutes just walking around enjoying being with the trees. To me, wandering around looking at and for a Christmas tree has to be the best part of the entire Christmas season. One day I will have my own tree farm. Then everyday can be “my” Christmas!

Run Strong my friends, run strong.

1 comment:

Caratunk Girl said...

Good plan on posting/etc. You can spend a lot of time between blogging and posting to different things!

Great run and awesome pictures! Z4pace?? Holy crap.